Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Day 9 of my Meditation Challenge!






Since last week I have continued to practice meditation on a daily basis, that is until a couple of days ago when I was caught up with my to do list, and before I knew it I had only 30 mins to get ready for work. So, a little part of me felt like I failed,  because I was determined to not to miss a day, but then I realized that I need to cut myself some slack, and to learn from how I let myself slip, so that it would not happen in the future. Sometimes if life when we have a goal...whatever it may be...it's easy to slip into old habits...and that's okay. It's okay that is if we recognize why it happened, so that we can prevent ourselves from slipping the next time.

For example when I got up the next morning I was back on track and made a point to balance my day with my to do list and my personal goals. I actually did meditation twice that day, once before work to get me in a positive frame of mind and then at night to help me relax and sleep. Since then I have stayed on track and I am loving it!

Here are some of the benefits I have personally noticed after just over a week ;

1) I generally feel more relaxed and focused...especially right after the meditation.

2) I feel more mindful during my daily tasks, and in my conversations with people.

3) I have become more aware of my thoughts and how to dilute and block the ones that don't serve me.

4) There are an endless supply of meditations on you tube....which I recommend listening to with          headphones for maximum benefit. The nightly meditation for relaxing sleep for example has helped me fall asleep faster, and to stay asleep longer.I noticed that there are also ones specific to other areas such as meditation to reduce anxiety, to help with relationships, to strengthen self awareness, and the list goes on and on. I plan on trying them all out, and I will share with you the ones I found effective.

I look forward to the next couple of weeks and I don't plan on stopping after that...I am hooked on this and I only wish that I had tried it sooner.

If this sounds like something you are curious about, I recommend having an open mind and giving it a try. I promise you won't regret it, if anything it will help you relax and learn to slow down a little. For those of you who used to meditate and stopped...maybe because you felt like you were too busy...I hope this helps you remember how much you loved it and to find the time for yourself to practice it again.

Happy Meditating:)


No comments:

Post a Comment